Karnataka High Court
Karnataka High Court, popularly known as "Attara Kacheri" is located infront of Vidhan Soudha. It was constructed during Tipu's reign , to accomodate 18 departments of Revenue & Secretariat. This neo-classical building was designed by Major Gen. Richard Hieram Sankey & constructed under the supervision of Rao Bahadur Arcot Narayanaswamy Mudaliar. This red colored, two-story building with Corinthian columns was completed in 1864. On the ceiling of the central hall, there's a portrait of Sir Mark Cubbon (Commissioner of Mysore) & there's also an equestrian statue of him behind the building. It housed public offices ( Revenue + Secretariat + Judiciary) till 1956. When Vidhana Soudha was constructed , legislative section was shifted there & this became Mysore High Court. In 1973, it was renamed as Karnataka High Court.