Park du Cinquintenaire
Park du Cinquintenaire is the largest public park in Brussels. King Leopold II decided to built this U-shaped complex for the 1880 National Exibition, to commemerate the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Belgium. The Triumphal Arch was designed by the French architect Charles Girault. The Arch is topped by a four-horse chariot of Brabant raising the National Flag. The north-wing of the Arch houses the Royal Military Museum & the south-wing houses the Royal Museum of Art & History & an Auto World Museum. Today this leisure park (30 hectares) is magnificent with lawns, flowerbeds & fountains.