07 février 2011

Mattancherry Palace / Dutch Palace

Mattancherry Palace     Mattancherry Palace is a quadrangular (nalukettu) two storey building  constructed by Portuguese in 1555 A.D . It was a gift given by the Portuguese to the Raja of Kochi -Veera Kerala Varma. In 1663 during Dutch invasion, it was completely renovated & hence came to be called as Dutch Palace. A small temple is located in the inner court of the palace & is dedicated to Goddess Pazhayannur Bhagavathy - protective Goddess (Kuladaivam) of the Rajas of Kochi.In the palace premises there are... [Lire la suite]
Posté par aarathi à 20:15 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
Tags :